Re:Generations is a UK-based academic and artistic conference dedicated to shared practice, research and international perspectives in the field of Dance of the African Diaspora. Events include key note speeches, workshops, showcase performances, debates, panels, academic paper presentations and digital presentations from the UK, Canada, USA, Europe and Africa.
The conference partners invite proposals for papers, lecture demonstrations and workshops that address the theme of Diasporic Dance: Legacies of Imagination. By offering opportunities to reflect on the heritage, legacies, histories, geographies, places and spaces of dance of the African Diaspora, the conference aims both to celebrate the achievements of elders and foster the talent of a new generation of dance practitioners and of new dance scholars.
- Proposals on the following sub-themes are welcome:
- Youth dance work, training, and inter-generational dialogues.
- Heritage and Digital Art.
- Women and the dance profession, i.e. diasporic or street dance forms.
- Health and Well-being.
- New approaches to creating histories of Breaking, Street, Old School and other popular and social forms; the development of African Peoples Dance; histories of interactions between African, Caribbean, and Western Contemporary Dance.
- International dialogues – with the African Continent, with the Caribbean, with other European countries, with USA and Canada.
For more information please read the detailed call for papers.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 1st of July 2016. Submissions will be accepted by email only. Please direct emails to email@example.com, including ‘Re:Generations 4’ in the subject line. You can also email ADAD using the form below.